Just five more days before Christmas...
If you're like me, and there are still a couple of people left on your list, why not consider some really cool, and energy-efficient gifts?
For those family members/friends who are always hard to buy for because they seem to have everything they need, maybe the below low- and no-energy-consuming gifts might be a solution?
The only down side to all of the suggestions though, is the singular fact that all of them are manufactured outside of our islands...
1) Portable photovoltaic device CHARGER (http://www.solio.com/charger)
2) Water-powered CLOCK (http://www.bedolwhatsnext.com/water-powered-clock-c-89_199.html)
3) Recycled bike tube WALLET (http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/recycled-bike-tube-franklin-bi-fold-wallet)
4) Exterior solar LIGHTS (http://www.plowhearth.com/category.asp?section_id=2008&department=3063&search_type=category&search_value=1124&cm_mmc=Tagged-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&cm_lm=&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=NA)
5) If you feel as though you must buy a large energy-consuming device -- i.e. refrigerator, TV, power tool, etc. -- then at least check out the ENERGY STAR PRODUCTS (http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_find_es_products) information so that you end up buying the most efficient item on the market.
And lastly, don't forget that Kanu is having the "Green Wrapping" event tomorrow as a part of the Simplify the Holidays campaign. Help reduce waste this season by having the Kanu crew wrap your gifts in natural, gently used materials that still keep what's inside a secret, while ensuring that our nearly-overflowing landfills don't reach the point of no return.
When: Tomorrow (12.21)
Location: Center Stage, Ala Moana